Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to Shoebox Railroad

Since 1972 I've been dabbling in Model Railroading. The keyword here is dabbling. Never seemed to get past the laying of some track; nor had the room, time, or money to commit to a large project. Although, small layouts always did seem to catch my eye. About two years ago I happen to come across a website http://www.carendt.com called " Micro/Small Layouts for Model Railroads ". This was Carl Arendt's site which not only had valuable how-to articles, but also a scrapbook with about 10 years worth of monthly installments of modelers sharing their work from all over the world. Wow, what a find; I spent the next couple of months reading just about every article. If you want to try your hand at Model Railroading and don't have much space or money or time then Carl's website is for you. The one area that caught my interest was several Micro Layouts which were built in an actual  shoebox; thus came the inspiration for this blog. In the next installment I will start sharing my current project with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment